options out there.A keyword search questionable in quality.So hereof what the top SAP experts consider the best sources for SAP training, both free and fee-based (free registration may be required in some cases).From functional basics to ABAP programming tips, from must- 1.
Ideal for: All SAP professionals, particularly junior level.
Why not go to the source? SCN eLearning offers many free options for learning including online tutorials, webinars, videos, and demos.Of course, eLearning is just a small part of what SCN has to offer for professionals at all SAP skill levels.Forums, wikis, and blog posts from more than 2.3 million members quickly pile up with additional clarifications to keep the SAP conversation going.SCN allows SAP technicians, business users and BI pros to find their way based on their interest.
Check out the SAP training site by subject area on SAP.com and scroll through their deep online events section which is searchable by keyword.The documentation on help.sap.com is not to be overlooked either.Ionline SAP training and certification store searchable by SAP solution and role.
2. Ideal for: Technical SAP pros (ABAP, Basis, NetWeaver).More heavy duty free materials can be found at Virtual SAP TechEd, where you can access expert-led exercises and classroom training from TechEd ASUG sessions, as well as taped hands-on workshops and demo-rich lectures, which can be filtered by ness Intelligence and past DemoJam entries for coding inspiration. attending SAP TechEd speakers and SAP Mentors.At TechEd demo pods, you can test drive better handle on where SAP is headed next.
If you really want to get hands-on, get into the InnoJam events that take place at TechEd and other SAP events around the world.
The Top 10 SAP Training Sources
www.panayainc.com Panaya 2011
3. Ideal for: Technical SAP pros plus project managers.Over at SearchSAP.comfree tutorials and solid how-to content, not to mention an extensive archive of advice from subject matter experts on the technical side of SAP, including ABAP, Basis, and SAP security.There are plenty of white papers to browse in the SAP Resource Library.Also, check out SAP Community Toolbox for IT, a knowledge sharing SAP community that is part of the ToolBox for IT network.
SAP Toolbox offers blogs, wikis, professional networking, white papers, and newsletters geared towards most SAP specialty areas, from hands-on to SAP project management.One handy SAP Toolbox feature? Once registered, you can sign up for customized email alerts that bring you fresh content and notifications of activity relevant to the area you are trying to learn and master.
4. Ideal for: SAP installation customers in North America.
For a real world perspective, check out the insights from members of Americas' SAP Users' Group at ASUG.com
In addition to their regular regional and national meetings, ASUG is known to offer some of their webinars to non-members as well upcoming calendar.The ASUG 365 Twitter handle is a good place to start if you want to track ASUG news as well as upcoming webinars.ASUGNews.com is another ASUG-affiliated site that shares customer experiences and takes on SAP user group directory.5. Ideal for: SAP users and those who seek configuration training.
Started by SAP consultant Thomas Michael, MichaelManagement.com is a go-to site for SAP online training.Geared toward both individuals and project teams, this fee-based training can either help you get started or enhance your current skill set.Michael Management specialties include SAP Financials, Logistics, and HR courses for SAP users.Michael Management has now added a number of SAP configuration courses to their offerings for project team members.They also offer a free sample training course.
Michael Management also provides SAP system access if you or your team need to get your feet wet in a hands-on setting.
www.panayainc.com Panaya 2011
Ideal for: SAP project teams.ERPtips.com conducts public and onsite SAP classes aimed squarely at project team members (IT staff and key business users) responsible for understanding the full range of SAP functionality.Widely considered a leader in SAP project team training, ERPtips covers end-to-end business processes, required and optional setup, transaction flows, configuration, and SAP technical knowledge.
ERPtips is known for their best-in-class manuals, which feature step-by-step screen shots, detailed instructions, and can also serve as office reference books.
ERPtips has also made its library of hands-on SAP articles available for subscription by subject area, with pricing that can work for individuals as well as teams.You can browse by topic prior to purchase.
7. Ideal for: Aspiring SAP professionals looking for free virtual content.Another well-respected online source is ERPGenie.com, started by SAP consultant and author Kevin Wilson.One of the deeper SAP resource sites on the web, ERP Genie has a searchable library of white papers, an ABAP tips and tricks section, and a training JonERP.comOnline SAP Training Site Reviewseveral podcasts on SAP training.
8. Ideal for: Consultancies and project managers.When considering your their studies have determined that the most common reason for SAP consultants getting kicked off project sites is NOT technical deficiency but a lack of soft skills.
Accordingly, OTA has developed a unique SAP Soft Skills Training Curriculum, including consulting skills training and project leadership courses.Organizational Change Management (OCM) is another area where SAP projects need the most support.
OTA to the rescue with their SAP OCM curriculum.
9. Ideal for: Self-directed readers on-the-go.
If hard copy rocks your world, check out these books from SAP Press, including some of the to
Tags: top 10 sap consulting companies,sap consultant job description,sap consultant qualification,sap consultant jobs in usa,sap consulting companies,sap consultant hourly rate,sap consultant companies,sap consultant training,sap consultant salary